Current Researchers and Students @ALSETLab
- Dr. Hossein Hooshyar working on developing a time-sensitive real-time simulator-based synchrophasor lab., aka @ALSETLab.
- None, ;-(
PhD Students @RPI
- Prottay Adhikari - working on mission critical, time-sensitive and real-time synchrophasor technologies for distribution networks.
PhD Students NOT @RPI
- Wei Li working on Real-Time State Estimation of Hybrid AC/DC Grids using PMUs
- Maxime Baudette working on Synchrophasor-Based Model Validation,Calibration and Control Optimization of Power Networks, and main developer of the OpeinIPSL.org, among many many other things…
- Jan Lavenius working on Real-Time Voltage Stability Analysis and Control using PMUs (sample paper), and many machine learning things.
- Farhan Mahmood working on Steady State Model Synthesis Method for a Three-Phase Unbalanced Active Distribution Network
- Francisco Gomez Lopez working on CIM-Compliant Power System Dynamic Model-to-Model Transformation and Modelica Simulation, co-supervised by Svein H. Olsen.
- None, ;-(
Undergrads helping with research
- 2018: Dominic, Adrian Tirada
Current Students that I Co-supervise @RPI
- Stavros Konstantinopoulos working on performance analysis of power system controls in ambient conditions. Co-supervised with Prof. Joe H. Chow.
Current Students that I (co) supervise in other institutions
- Tanushree Agarwal working on micro-grids and synchrophasors using TSN with Prof. Mohammadreza Barzegaran at Lamar Uni’s LAREM research team.
- Dr. Rafael Segundo worked with me in the FP7 iTesla project developing TRISTAN.
- Dr. Hossein Hooshyar worked with me in the FP7 IDE4L project on research related to PMU Applications for Distribution Networks, a bench-mark model for real-time simulation and testing is available on Github.
- Dr. Iyad Al-Khatib worked developing a real-time data mediator for synchrophasors, called BabelFish, available on Github.
- 2017 - Tetiana Bogodorova worked on Modeling, Model Validation and Uncertainty Identification for Power System Analysis
- 2017 - M. Shoib Almas worked on Synchrophasor Applications and their Vulnerability to Time Synchronization Impairment
- 2016 -Vedran Peric worked on Non-intrusive Methods for Mode Estimation in Power Systems using Synchrophasors.
- 2015 - Yuwa Chompoobutrgool. Worked on Aspects of Wide-Area Damping Control Design using Dominant Path Synchrophasor Signals. Download her Lic. Thesis and PhD. Thesis.
- 2012 - Rujiroj Leelaruji worked on Methods for Synchrophasor-Based Power System Instability Detection and HVDC Control.
- 2017 - Miguel Aguilera Chaves worked on Semantic and Physical Modeling and Simulation of Multi-Domain Energy Systems: Gas Turbines and Electrical Power Networks. Publications in progress - Thesis available after publications are accepted.
- 2017 - Biswarup Mukherjee worked on Automatic Resynchronization of an Islanded Power Network. Publications in progress - Thesis available after publications are accepted.
- 2016 - Narasimham Arava worked on Voltage Stability Assessment of Power Systems by Decision Tree Classification and Preventive Control by Pre-Computing Secure Operating Conditions. Publications in progress - Thesis available after publications are accepted.
- 2016 - Giuseppe Laera worked on Power System Dynamic Equivalencing and Calibration using Modelica and RaPId. Publications in progress - Thesis available after publications are accepted.
- 2016 - Narender Singh worked on Feeder Dynamic Rating Application for Active Distribution Networks using Synchrophasors.
- 2016 - Albane Schwob worked on the Analysis of load models used in black-start studies.
- 2015 - Seyed Reza Firouzi worked on Design, Implementation and Validation of an IED 619850-90-5 Gateway for IEEE C37.118.2 Synchrophasor Data Transfer.
- 2015 - Ravi Shankar Singh worked on Assessment of Timing Requirements of Phasor Measurement Units.
- 2015 - Guðrún Margrét Jónsdóttir worked on Real-Time PMU-Assisted wide-Area Oscillation Damping using Active Load Control.
- 2015 - Mohammad Ahsan Adib Murad worked on Phasor Time-Domain Power System Modeling and Simulation using the Standardized Modelica Language: Conventional and Power Electronic-Based Devices.
- 2015 - Menghia Zhang worked on MANGO - Modelica Classes of the Norvegian Grid for iTesla and SW-to-SW Validation.
- 2015 - Le Qi worked on Modelica Driven Power System Modeling, Simulation and Validation.
- 2014 - MD Rokibul Hasan worked on Development, calibration and simulation of generic VSC-HVDC high level controls for DC grid Simulation.
- 2014 - Jahid Razan worked on VSC – HVDC Modelica Models for Power System Time Domain Simulation.
- 2014 - Robert Rogersten worked on VSC-HVDC System Modeling and Validation.
- 2014 - Thibault Vandewoestyne worked on Test Scenarios for Validation of the Offline Workflow of the iTesla Toolbox for Small-Signal Stability Assessment.
- 2014 - Eldrich Rebello worked on Real-Time PMU Assisted Wide-Area Oscillation Damping using Compact Reconfigurable Controllers.
- 2013 - Maxime Baudette worked on Fast Real-time Detection of Sub-Synchronous Oscillations in Power Systems using Synchrophasors.
- 2013 - Joan Russiñol Mussons worked on Modelica-Driven Power System Modeling, Parameter Identification and Physically-Based Model Aggregation.
- 2012 - Jan Lavenius worked on An Algorithm for Finding Minimal Load Interruption Costs.
- 2012 - Adrien Guironnet worked on Static security criteria for voltage stability assessment in the French transmission grid.
- 2012 - Mostafa Farrokhabadi worked on Automated Topology Processing for Conventional, Phasor-Assisted and Phasor-Only State Estimators.
- 2011 - Alexander Henry worked on Modeling and dynamic analysis of offshore wind farms in France: Impact on power system stability.
- 2011 - M. Shoaib Almas worked on PMU-Assisted Local Optimization of the Coordination between Protective Systems and Reactive Power Compensation Devices.
- 2011 - Wei Li worked on Hydro Turbine and Governor Modeling and Scripting for Small-Signal and Transient Stability Analysis of Power Systems.
- 2011 - Sebastian Bengtsson worked on Estimation of electromechanical oscillations in the Nordic Power System using synchrophasor measurement data.
- 2017 - Fanny Radesjö worked on Parameter Identification and Information Modeling of Gas Turbine Models for Power System Simulations. Supervised together with Tetiana Bogodorova as part of the OpenCPS.eu project.
- 2017 - Gustav Holm worked on Automated Model Transformation for Cyber- Physical Power System Models. Supervised together with Francisco Gomez Lopez as part of the OpenCPS.eu project.
- 2011 - Kim Weyrich worked on Real-Time Implementation of an Automatic Voltage Stabilizer for HVDC Control.