Current Researchers and Students @ALSETLab
- None, ;(
- None, ;(
- Since Spring 2019: Sergio Andres Dorado working on machine learning applications for power systems.
- Since Fall 2018: Marcelo de Castro Fernandes working on joint modeling and simulation of transmission and distribution networks, sample paper.
- Since Fall 2018: Giuseppe Laera working on STATCOM model verification, validation and optimization using digital twins.
- Since Fall 2017: Prottay Adhikari - working on mission critical, time-sensitive and real-time synchrophasor technologies for distribution networks and microgrids.
- Since Fall 2018: Manuel Navarro Catalan working on control and protection modeling using finite state machines and other automata.
Co-Terminal (BSc/MSc) Students
- Since Spring 2019: Katheryn Flynn working on modeling and simulation of ensemble control of stratified water tanks for ancillary service provisioning in active distribution networks.
- Spring 2018 - to Spring 2019: Meaghan Podlaski working on generator parameter identification and uncertainty quantification.
Undergrads helping with research through RPI’s Undergraduate Research Program
- 2019 Spring: Jordan E. Grey, Emmet Alexander Williamson, Erik Lacourt, Taye Nembhard.
- 2018 Fall: John Reed, Jordan E. Grey, Emmet Alexander Williamson, Megan Twiss, Justin R. Johnson, Daniel Napora, Katheryn Flynn, Meaghan Podlaski.
- 2018 Summer: John Reed, Jordan E. Grey, Emmet Alexander Williamson, Nathan Mascari, Seth W. Halpern.
- 2018-2019: Ricardo Rincon Ballesteros from Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Bogota). Working on analysis of power system dynamics and resiliency using graph-based and dynamic network analysis methods.
- 2018: Behrouz Azimian MSc student from Alfred University, NY, worked on microgrid modeling using real-time simulators.
Other Current Students
Current Students that I (co) supervise in other institutions:
Francisco Gomez Lopez working on CIM-Compliant Power System Dynamic Model-to-Model Transformation and Modelica Simulation, co-supervised by Svein H. Olsen. Software engineer at Semantum Oy.
Maxime Baudette working on Synchrophasor-Based Model Validation,Calibration and Control Optimization of Power Networks, former main developer of the OpeinIPSL.org, among many many other things…. Software Engineering Associate at the Energy Technologies Area of Lawrence Berkley National Lab.
Former Team Members
- Dr. Hossein Hooshyar, worked on developing a time-sensitive real-time simulator-based synchrophasor lab., aka @ALSETLab. Next stop: EPRI.
- Dr. Rafael Segundo worked with me in the FP7 iTesla project developing TRISTAN.
- Dr. Hossein Hooshyar worked with me in the FP7 IDE4L project on research related to PMU Applications for Distribution Networks. The resulting bench-mark model of and active distribution network for real-time simulation and testing is available on Github.
- Dr. Iyad Al-Khatib worked developing a real-time data mediator for synchrophasors, called BabelFish, available on Github.
- 2018 - Farhan Mahmood working on Synchrophasor based Steady State Model Synthesis of Active Distribution Networks
- 2018 - Wei Li working on PMU-based State Estimation for Hybrid AC and DC Grids
- 2017 - Tetiana Bogodorova worked on Modeling, Model Validation and Uncertainty Identification for Power System Analysis
- 2017 - M. Shoib Almas worked on Synchrophasor Applications and their Vulnerability to Time Synchronization Impairment
- 2016 -Vedran Peric worked on Non-intrusive Methods for Mode Estimation in Power Systems using Synchrophasors.
- 2015 - Yuwa Chompoobutrgool. Worked on Aspects of Wide-Area Damping Control Design using Dominant Path Synchrophasor Signals. Download her Lic. Thesis and PhD. Thesis.
- 2012 - Rujiroj Leelaruji worked on Methods for Synchrophasor-Based Power System Instability Detection and HVDC Control.
- 2018 - Marcelo de Fernandes Castro worked on Modeling and Simulation of Integrated Transmission and Distribution Systems to Assess the Impacts of Distributed Energy Resources, I was his co-supervisor, together with Prof. Janaína Gonçalves de Oliverira.
- 2017 - Miguel Aguilera Chaves worked on Semantic and Physical Modeling and Simulation of Multi-Domain Energy Systems: Gas Turbines and Electrical Power Networks, sample paper.
- 2017 - Biswarup Mukherjee worked on Automatic Resynchronization of an Islanded Power Network, sample paper.
- 2016 - Narasimham Arava worked on Voltage Stability Assessment of Power Systems by Decision Tree Classification and Preventive Control by Pre-Computing Secure Operating Conditions, sample paper.
- 2016 - Giuseppe Laera worked on Power System Dynamic Equivalencing and Calibration using Modelica and RaPId, sample paper.
- 2016 - Narender Singh worked on Feeder Dynamic Rating Application for Active Distribution Networks using Synchrophasors.
- 2016 - Albane Schwob worked on the Analysis of load models used in black-start studies.
- 2015 - Seyed Reza Firouzi worked on Design, Implementation and Validation of an IED 619850-90-5 Gateway for IEEE C37.118.2 Synchrophasor Data Transfer.
- 2015 - Ravi Shankar Singh worked on Assessment of Timing Requirements of Phasor Measurement Units.
- 2015 - Guðrún Margrét Jónsdóttir worked on Real-Time PMU-Assisted wide-Area Oscillation Damping using Active Load Control.
- 2015 - Mohammad Ahsan Adib Murad worked on Phasor Time-Domain Power System Modeling and Simulation using the Standardized Modelica Language: Conventional and Power Electronic-Based Devices.
- 2015 - Menghia Zhang worked on MANGO - Modelica Classes of the Norvegian Grid for iTesla and SW-to-SW Validation.
- 2015 - Le Qi worked on Modelica Driven Power System Modeling, Simulation and Validation.
- 2015 - Thibault Vandewoestyne worked on Test Scenarios for Validation of the Offline Workflow of the iTesla Toolbox for Small-Signal Stability Assessment.
- 2014 - MD Rokibul Hasan worked on Development, calibration and simulation of generic VSC-HVDC high level controls for DC grid Simulation.
- 2014 - Jahid Razan worked on VSC – HVDC Modelica Models for Power System Time Domain Simulation.
- 2014 - Robert Rogersten worked on VSC-HVDC System Modeling and Validation.
- 2014 - Eldrich Rebello worked on Real-Time PMU Assisted Wide-Area Oscillation Damping using Compact Reconfigurable Controllers.
- 2013 - Maxime Baudette worked on Fast Real-time Detection of Sub-Synchronous Oscillations in Power Systems using Synchrophasors.
- 2013 - Joan Russiñol Mussons worked on Modelica-Driven Power System Modeling, Parameter Identification and Physically-Based Model Aggregation.
- 2012 - Jan Lavenius worked on An Algorithm for Finding Minimal Load Interruption Costs.
- 2012 - Adrien Guironnet worked on Static security criteria for voltage stability assessment in the French transmission grid.
- 2012 - Mostafa Farrokhabadi worked on Automated Topology Processing for Conventional, Phasor-Assisted and Phasor-Only State Estimators.
- 2011 - Alexander Henry worked on Modeling and dynamic analysis of offshore wind farms in France: Impact on power system stability.
- 2011 - M. Shoaib Almas worked on PMU-Assisted Local Optimization of the Coordination between Protective Systems and Reactive Power Compensation Devices.
- 2011 - Wei Li worked on Hydro Turbine and Governor Modeling and Scripting for Small-Signal and Transient Stability Analysis of Power Systems.
- 2011 - Sebastian Bengtsson worked on Estimation of electromechanical oscillations in the Nordic Power System using synchrophasor measurement data.
- 2017 - Fanny Radesjö worked on Parameter Identification and Information Modeling of Gas Turbine Models for Power System Simulations. Supervised together with Tetiana Bogodorova as part of the OpenCPS.eu project.
- 2017 - Gustav Holm worked on Automated Model Transformation for Cyber- Physical Power System Models. Supervised together with Francisco Gomez Lopez as part of the OpenCPS.eu project.
- 2011 - Kim Weyrich worked on Real-Time Implementation of an Automatic Voltage Stabilizer for HVDC Control.
While you are here, take the chance to …
- See how you can help! Click here.